As every Sunday we are already with the weekly news review. Fashion news that they are not always good nor always are bad: openings of new stores, the closing of others, collaborations, removals, awards or dates of the fashion weeks, are some that concern us this week.
- We are in April and We already know the date the next edition of the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Madrid,, Pasarela Cibeles of always. Again this 58 Edition is dated in its usual September (last year moved in late August), specifically, will be held from 13 to 17 September five days full of parades that will bring together the best Spanish fashion designers.
- Sadly every week we find a firm that is affected by the crisis. This week the Galician signature Candy has requested the voluntary insolvency proceedings by the fall in sales.
- But not all the news is bad, some firms continue its expansion as it is the case of Bimba & Lola, that just opened shop in London and Paris. The new London store is at number 184 of Westbourne Grove, one of the main shopping streets in the popular district of Notting Hill. April 15 opened this space that will be added to the other two that the brand has in the British capital; in the Westfield London shopping centre and King’s Road, Chelsea. The opening in Paris was yesterday, in the number 36 of the rue des Francs Bourgeois, in the neighborhood of Le Marais. This will also be the third store brand in the city, since it is in his and Le Printemps stores. Within a few days landed in Lebanon and Peru, with openings in Beirut and Lima (April 30 and may 4, respectively).
- Karl Lagerfeld opens new store in Amsterdam 16 of Hartenstraat. This new boutique breathes the contemporary concept of the kaiser already used her Paris boutique. In addition, they are provided for different openings by 2013, which will take place in other European capitals, followed by an expansion in the Asian market.
- At the national level, Goose It has opened a new shop in Alicante, on the street Maisonave, 34. The Ensign led by Clement and Álvaro Cebrián, is finalizing the opening of new stores in Gijón, Pamplona, Madrid and London. And it is that this firm is more fashionable every day.
- H & M It will dress up the Swedish teams for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Winter of Sochi, in 2014, and Brazil in 2016. The brand will be commissioned to create costumes for the ceremonies of opening and closing, as well as daily clothing so athletes can wear in the Olympic village and leisure during the Games time.
- The designer of Haute Couture shoes Patricia Rosales It has decided to take a sabbatical to reflect. I leave your release:
After three intense years, I decided to take a year to reflect on fashion. I will try to use this time to enrich my vision and explore other creative areas that always have been interested from my early days as a sandal. I’m going to use this bracket to experiment and learn new concepts, to continue creating new designs, and to think of new projects. I think that this is how artists improve their work, it is sometimes necessary to stop to think and rethink the future with good sense. thank you! You and those who I have accompanied and supported so far on this trip as a creator of masterpieces, in jewel of Haute Couture shoes. A journey which will continue within a year.
- And we continue with economic news. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), the American Investment Fund, founded in 1976, is about to take control of the three French fashion brands Sandro-Maje and Claudie Pierlot, for a price of € 650 million.
- Agatha Ruiz de la Prada and Jean-Paul Gaultier they have been awarded the prize dialogue. The two creators will receive on June 4 in Madrid, X Prix dialogue for his contribution to French and Spanish fashion.